Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sleepy Sunday

As I've mentioned before, I am doing my very best to make the most of this summer. It's the first time in three years that I have not been taking any classes - including killer summer classes - and I've made a promise to myself to take advantage of every single day! I'm happy to say that this weekend was really no exception. Saturday I went to my family reunion for my great-grandmother's side of the family (which means I get to see a whole lot of extended family) and as usual we spent the day at the park hanging out and playing badminton and volleyball with my cousins and relatives.

Since I was lucky enough to have today off, Jared and I hopped in the car and spent the day at the central coast. I was so very nice to get out of town and spend the day together, which we don't usually get to do. We first hit up the Nipomo Swapmeet (which was a little disappointing, but still fun and we found a couple of things we brought home.) I have to day, I've been on the hunt for lavender-ish nail polish for what feels like FOREVER now. Sure, I've found the stuff online, but I don't usually order online. I've even found some good lavender polishes but they always have a glitter or a glossy or metallic finish. Well, of all places to find nail polish, I found the most amazing periwinkle polish! I love it already. It was a buck and is a brand I'll never hear of again but I'm super excited to wear it. For a visual aid, this is the general idea:


The rest of the day was spent sunning, swimming, on the beach, walking around downtown slo (San Luis Obispo,) and dining.

I hope its the first of many day trips of the summer. Living in Fresno makes them pretty easy, so I don't have any excuses. Now we're back home and ready for some much needed sleep. Goodnight!

No comments: