Friday, May 21, 2010

Secondhand

Since I was a little girl, used items have been staples in the home. Antique sales, hand-me-downs, thrift stores and yard sales have always been a source of new-to-us items for my family. So, it's not surprising that when I started buying my own clothes after getting my first job, I continued to go to yard sales and thrift stores on my own.
Over time, I've done even more of my shopping here, and I can think of so many reasons I love to do so:
  • Classics should be a part of every stylish girl's wardrobe
  • Rich people get rid of damn good and current clothes, like, all the time!
  • It's waaay eco-chic
  • The thrill of the hunt!
  • A new, poorly-made and not that cheap item, or a well made and inexpensive item...well, need I say more?
  • I usually get my money's worth in just one wear!
  • Bad people throw things in landfills, and good people donate to thrift stores. Therefore, the items have already been given a ton o' love!
Having said that, here are the shoes I picked up from Kelly's Etsy, Vintage Strings!

No comments: