Friday, June 18, 2010

Yesterday was not such a good day for me. To make a long story short, I'm a junior at Fresno State and there likely won't be room in my major courses for me to take any of them, and even if there were room, I can't register for classes because the server has me as a freshman so I can't sign up for any upper division courses. Well, after thinking and stressing about it, I've come to terms with this and devised a back-up plan. But really, the thing that brought the biggest smile to my face last night was stumbling across Missa's blog, Thrift Candy. That's where I saw this and two other videos of her and her daughter Clover as the beach!


They're both so cute. I'm not sure where exactly they live, but I'm telling you, this is the life I've always dreamed of living someday! Missa seems to buy exclusively from thrift/consignment shops and yard sales, she heads to the farmer's market all the time, gets together with friends for dinner and beers like once a week, and has a huge backyard. I'm in blog love. Speaking of love...

I've had this love for Jessica Biel kinda slowly growing for awhile now. I think I've only seen her act a couple of times and it doesn't really have anything to do with that, but more to do with her demeanor, her love for the outdoors and staying fit (she climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro for charity! How is that not respectable?) she seems very down to earth, and she dresses pretty cute, too. Anyway, I stumbled across this photo of her at the MTV Movie Awards, while I may or may not have been watching The Hills...


As for crafts/handmade projects, I've got to get something on my plate! I've only hemmed a couple of items over the past week or so, but I'm just about ready for a new sewing project. Enter, the amazing peeps at Design*Sponge. Jared and I have been wanting a new duvet for way too long and I think we deserve it. It doesn't seem very difficult at all, and I'm getting pretty excited about it! Since it takes about ten yards of fabric according to the turtorial, I'm going to have to save up some tip money (from work @ Starbucks) and really shop around to find the right fabric that isn't going to break the bank. Wish me luck...

And isn't this pretty? It's some art by Betsy Walton, which I also came across at Design*Sponge.


Happy Friday.

1 comment:

Missa said...

Aw, this is so sweet, thank you! I'm so glad my silly little videos brought you some cheer, that's a major bummer about your classes, I hope it all works out for you.

I really appreciated reading the heartfelt comments you left on my blog too, they brought a smile to my face, so I guess you returned the favor :)

p.s. We live in Sonoma County and for future reference, Shadows, the Wedding Dress shop is in the town of San Anselmo in Marin ;)